Fund open access monographs
As a scientific author:at TU Dresden, your monographs and anthology contributions published in the open access procedure can be financially supported by our publication fund. We are happy to actively support you in sharing your knowledge worldwide.
Who is eligible to apply?
- As an author or editor, you must be a member of TU Dresden on the day you apply for funding.
- You will receive funding for externally funded projects if no third-party publication funds are available.
What requirements must the publication fulfil?
- Only previously unpublished works are eligible for funding.
- Your work must be published in full via Open Access. In the case of collective contributions, the complete collective volume must be published via Open Access.
- Your publication is under an Open Access-compliant licence, which is indicated in the publication. Preferred licences are CC BY or CC BY-SA of the Creative Commons organisation.
- Your title is listed in the Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB).
- You refer to the funding in the imprint of your publication.
- Any parallel publication in a printed medium may only take place at the same time as or later than the OA edition.
- In the case of dissertations, funding is possible if the work was graded "summa cum laude".
- Your work was produced entirely or predominantly at the TU Dresden.
Up to what amount are publication costs eligible for funding?
- For your individual work (monograph and anthology), publication costs of a maximum of 5,000 euros can be covered.
- For your contribution in anthologies, the maximum funding amount is 2,500 euros.
- The costs for a parallel print edition are not eligible for funding.
- If your total costs exceed the maximum funding amount, pro-rata funding is possible.
The publisher you choose must be able to show a transparent calculation of the costs of the publication. To do this, the SLUB asks them to complete this checklist: Checklist in German or checklist in English. Membership of the non-profit Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association (OASPA) is an advantage.
The SLUB Open Access team will be happy to check whether your Open Access monograph is eligible for funding.
Simply enter your data via the application form. The fields marked with * are mandatory.
We will be happy to advise you before you submit an OA work and check whether your work is eligible for funding.
Please contact us: Eloísa Deola Schennerlein Tel.: +49 351 4677-972 E-mail: email@example.com
Or book an appointment with our subject experts at the Wissensbar.