The State Office for Collection Preservation pays great attention to preventive measures for the protection of library collections.
Should emergencies occur, it advises on the initial care of damaged media and arranges competent support from service providers or other cultural institutions.
Emergency boxes from the Landesstelle are available primarily for initial care after water damage. However, other cultural institutions also have such uniformly equipped emergency box sets, which can be requested there in an emergency according to the regional principle (see below).
The Landesstelle also sees itself as a contact for emergency associations and is involved in the development of emergency materials.
The following 13 Saxon cultural institutions, for example, received these sets in February 2012 from federal and state funds via a project funded by the 'Koordinierungsstelle zur Erhaltung des schriftlichen Kulturgutes':
- Zittau / Görlitz University of Applied Sciences, University Library: Contact.
- Oberlausitzische Bibliothek der Wissenschaften Görlitz: Contact
- Bautzen City Library:Contact
- Saxon State Library - Dresden State and University Library: Contact
- Dresden City Archive: Contact
- Saxon State Archives, Dresden Main State Archives: contact
- Chemnitz University of Technology, University Library: Contact
- TU Bergakademie Freiberg, University Library "Georgius Agricola": Contact
- West Saxon University of Applied Sciences Zwickau, University Library: contact
- University of Leipzig, University Library: Contact
- LeipzigMunicipal Libraries: contact
- Saxon State Archives, Leipzig State Archives:Contact
- Saxon State Archives, Archive Centre Hubertusburg Wermsdorf:Contact