SLUB Procedure for Allocating Carrels
- Library users can apply for a SLUB carrel using the online form (in German)
- The applicant must agree to allow the SLUB to temporarily store his/her personal data for the time period necessary for determining the allocation of carrels, whereupon the data will be deleted.
- Carrels are assigned for a period of 3 months, and they are assigned by lottery. Filling out an application does not guarantee the assignment of a carrel.
- Written proof (from the student’s university professor) regarding the student’s need for a carrel (i.e. working on final paper, thesis, dissertation) is to be presented before receiving a key card for the carrel.
- Carrel key cards and the key for the cabinet are to be picked up at and returned to the circulation desk in the SLUB Central Library.