You have a degree in your pocket, but feel you want to expand your knowledge even further in order to have the full picture later? The digital transformation of our knowledge society does not scare you, but inspires and motivates you? Can you imagine taking on a managerial position in a library later on?
Then the Saxon State Library, Dresden State and University Library (SLUB) is the right place for you, because we train academic library volunteers!
The practical part of the traineeship takes place directly at the central library in Dresden, the theoretical training takes place as distance learning in the postgraduate master's programme "Information Science", formerly "Library and Information Science" at the Humboldt University in Berlin. The costs for this course of study are borne by the SLUB. A completed library traineeship qualifies for higher academic service in libraries, for example as a subject specialist or in leading positions.
The prerequisite for application is a successfully completed academic university or college degree.
We are also looking for
- proven experience in project management
- a strong technical understanding and extensive user knowledge of modern communication and information infrastructures, high IT competence and affinity
- Interest in management, administrative and organisational tasks
- an independent, responsible and resilient personality
- flexibility and the ability to work in a team
- very good knowledge of English. Further foreign language skills are an advantage
The advertisement period for a volunteer position with us at the library, starting in October 2024, is expected to begin in January or February 2024.