Current information and SLUB-services in times of corona
We are back!
SLUB and Go: In addition to the expanded digital services being offered during the coronavirus crisis, the SLUB opened its doors again, with certain restrictions, with a minimal contact lending service. Our main priority still is to prevent a rapid spread of COVID-19 as much as possible. You can find out more at www.slubdd.de/slubandgo.
- All of the SLUB’s digital services are available as usual. In addition to electronic publications, numerous databases are accessible to all SLUB users worldwide, regardless of location.
- Expanded digital services / additional options for full-text searches: In order to make researching easier during the coronavirus crisis, some publishers and database providers have made their services more accessible (you can find an overview here). In order to give non-TU members access to our e-resources as well, ten PC workstations have been set up as “SLUB Data Filling Stations” (SLUB-Datentankstelle) and will be available for use in the Central Library from 13.5.2020. Our Digital Collections, sachsen.digital and the Landeskundeportal Saxorum also offer additional research opportunities, not to mention these useful services and tools for researching freely available full-text versions ("open access research").
- We offer the free scanning service SLUB on Demand to members of the TU Dresden.
- The Central Library is open from Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m for the returning and collection of literature during a pre-booked timeslot. Items can be returned during opening hours without an appointment. The branch libraries are open with limited opening hours as well. It is not necessary to book a timeslot in advance. With the new minimal contact lending service, we want to give all SLUB users access to urgently required literature that is only available in analogue form while also complying with the official requirements. If you would like to use our lending service, please check out the following webpage www.slubdd.de/slubandgo and book an appointment online.
- Online advisory services: Our Knowledge Bar (Wissensbar) service is still going strong. Our advisory services now take place either online or by telephone. Even receiving writing advice from the SLUB TextLab is still possible over Skype. You can book an appointment here.
- We have and will continue to increase our range of e-tutorials: for example, Zitat statt Plagiat - Was, warum und wie zitieren?! (Quotation Instead of Plagiarism - what, why and how to quote?) is fresh from the oven. You can find a complete overview of our SLUB tutorials here.
- It is possible to be registered online as a library user. SLUB cards expiring can be extended electronically. In both cases please use our contact form.
- Our buying tip service continues as usual: We still order the desired media. Please us this form to contact us. If possible, we purchase the electronic version.
Items which were borrowed before the closure of the SLUB will no longer be automatically renewed after 25.05.2020. The regular loan period of four weeks (two weeks for audio-visual media) with the option of two additional electronic renewals now apply. As long as borrowed items are not on hold, you can renew them online in your user account. If items are not brought back or renewed on time, a late fee will be charged.
- Late fees were suspended during the closure. Now that all locations have reopened, we will start recharging late fees for items not returned on time on 02.06.2020.
- Holds and stack requests that were available for collection before the closure have had to be cleared from the self-service shelves and removed from the user’s account due to capacity reasons. New requests are possible for borrowable items. Existing holds on currently borrowed items are still valid.
- Dissertations can be submitted again. If you want to publish your university paper electronically on Qucosa, please register it using the input assistant on the Qucosa website. All formal requirements can, therefore, still be clarified in advance.
- The return of personal property or items from lockers, carrels or book boxes is possible upon request. Please use our contact form for this.
- The public computers in the Central Library are currently only available for downloading electronic resources in a pre-booked time slot. Click here to book an appointment.
- Interlibrary loans will be possible again from 13.5.2020.
- It is still possible to submit compulsory literature in accordance with the Saxon Press Act (Sächsisches Pressegesetz). You can send them to us by post. You can find more information on the delivery of compulsory copies here. You can contact the staff in the department for processing deposited works by email at email@example.com or by phone at 0351-4677-281.
The following services are unfortunately currently unavaliable
- During the closing time all public events, training courses, workshops, guided tours or service appointments are cancelled. This also affects all room bookings within this period.
- The book museum is currently closed.
- The public computers currently cannot be used regularly.
Further information from the TU Dresden
- The Faculty of Philosophy and the Faculty of Linguistics, Literature and Cultural Studies will be adjusting submission deadlines for exams accordingly for the duration of the SLUB's closure. You can find more information here.
- The TU Dresden has compiled a detailed list of information regarding teaching and learning in the current situation here.
This page is being continually updated.