Our general guideline is to deliver optimum information services to the patrons and users of the SLUB.
At the information points, you can receive personal information and advice on all aspects of library use.
You can contact us at any time with your questions, requests or criticisms, and we will reply as soon as possible. Of course, you can also phone or e-mail us. For specific questions or suggestions, please contact our subject specialists.
During our opening hours, SLUB Dresden is a place of learning for individuals and groups. The reading room of the Central Library provides you with a place for quiet reading and studying.
We offer introductory courses on library skills and information literacy as well as guided tours through the library.
Our services include:
- Availability of valuable collections comprising more than 1000 years of book and media history,
- Access to information and media for research, teaching, study, education and training,
- Excellent working conditions at all our library locations,
- Competent navigation aid in the world of electronic information,
- A great variety of services and information for different user groups,
- Accessibility for people with disabilities including computing facilities for visually impaired users.