- SLUB Dresden
- Doctoral and postdoctoral theses at the TU Dresden
- Print publication
What you need for publishing your thesis in print:
- Paperback copies of your thesis - in the amount defined by your faculty
Your works/articles/files can be listed in our Library catalogue in case you send us the table of contents or the abstract of your thesis in PDF/A format via E-Mail: email@example.com. The completion of bibliographic metadata with the table of contents and abstracts enables an efficient valuation of literature because additional data are already available for catalogue searches.
When publishing with a publisher
You have to transfer copies of the ready-for-distribution publisher's version of your thesis. The amount is defined by your faculty. According to some doctoral/postdoctoral regulations you have to provide evidence on a certain print run (e.g., the publishing contract). Please take such regulations into account.
Details on the formal presentation of doctoral/postdoctoral theses
- General advice
- The title page of doctoral theses should contain: the date of the oral defence, names of the advisors, your birthday and place of birth. Please consult your faculty's PhD board for more detailed regulations.
- The title page of postdoctoral theses should contain: the date of the first lecture and/or of the completion of the habilitation procedure.
- Your CV can optionally be attached.
- Printed version
- Paper sizes DIN A5 to DIN A4 or intermediate sizes are accepted.
- Double-sided printing is allowed.
- Printed copies must be made durable by a permanent binding. At least you have to choose paperback binding, ring binders are not accepted.
- Terms and guidelines of the faculty or department have to be respected.
How and where can I transfer the documents?
An acknowledgement of receipt is sent to your faculty as soon as we have checked the documents for formal correctness and completeness.
How to reach us
Zellescher Weg 18
Phone: +49 351 4677-356 Fax: +49 351 4677-717