- SLUB Dresden
- Doctoral and postdoctoral theses at the TU Dresden
- Electronic Publication
Electronic publishing of doctoral theses is carried out by depositing an electronic version on the Sächsischer Dokumenten- und Publikationsserver Qucosa in accordance to the principles of Open Access.
What you need for electronic publishing:
- An electronic version of your thesis in PDF format (see Details on the formal presentation).
- A signed declaration of agreement for electronic publishing in Qucosa.
- 5 paperback copies (Economic Sciences: 6) of your thesis (see Details on the formal presentation).
PhDs at the faculties Medicine, Law and Education please pay attention to the special guidelines of their faculties:
Electronic publishing is done in 4 Steps
Details on the formal presentation of doctoral/postdoctoral theses
- General advice
- The title page of doctoral theses should contain: the date of the oral defence, names of the advisors, your birthday and place of birth. Please consult your faculty's PhD board for more detailed regulations.
- The title page of postdoctoral theses should contain: the date of the first lecture and/or of the completion of the habilitation procedure.
- Your CV can optionally be attached.
- Printed version
- Paper sizes DIN A5 to DIN A4 or intermediate sizes are accepted.
- Double-sided printing is allowed.
- Printed copies must be made durable by a permanent binding. At least you have to choose paperback binding, ring binders are not accepted.
- PDF version
- Please convert a PDF/A-compliant file for long-term archiving.
- The PDF must not contain any security restrictions.
- The electronic version must be identical to the printed version of your thesis.
- There is no possibility of modifying the PDF later on.
- All parts of the thesis like graphic, video or audio files have to be included.
- Terms and guidelines of the faculty or department have to be respected.
How and where can I transfer the documents?
An acknowledgement of receipt is sent to your faculty as soon as we have checked the documents for formal correctness and completeness.
How to reach us
Zellescher Weg 18
Phone: +49 351 4677-356 Fax: +49 351 4677-717