...book the Laser Cutter
Please note that due to the current situation, appointments can only be taken alone, and not as a group. The booked appointment corresponds to the time spent in Makerspace M1. In order to estimate the time spent in Makerspace M1, we need will need a .pdf-file. Please send the following information along with your booking request.
To make a booking request please follow these steps.
Please send the following information to us via our contact form.
- User number and name
- Appointment request: date, time
- Material to be processed (material, thickness)
After receiving your booking request, Makerspace staff will register the booking in the calendar for you. You will receive an e-mail with a confirmation of your booking.
...know more about fees
Fees are calculated based on the time the machine runs.
|00min <= 10min||-||free of charge|
|10min <= 30min||Level 1||1 * 10,00€|
|30min <= 50min||Level 2||2 * 10,00€ = 20€|
|50min <= 70min||Level 3||3 * 10,00€ = 30€|
|each n * 20min||level n||n * 10,00€|
...prepare for my booked appointment
- What will I need to bring to the appointment? Please bring the following:
- Your valid SLUBcard
- The material you want to cut
- A separate file (*.PDF) for each job you want to cut
- Users with a Laser Cutter operating licence need a valid certificate for safety at work.
- Which materials can I work with? You can find a list with all materials that can be cut or engraved in our e-tutorial.
- How should my Laser Cutting file look like? The illustration below sums up how your file should look like. You can also find a step-by-step guide in the e-tutorial.
...ask for advice on my project
You need help to realize your project? You can book an appointment in our Knowledge Bar. For approximately 30 minutes our experts will be available just for you personally. This service is free of charge.