The Media Library’s collection contains — excluding multiple copies of the same title — approximately 5,000 DVDs, 15,000 VHS cassette tapes, 28,000 CDs, 35,000 LPs and 38,000 shellac discs, as well as many other (often rare or unique) sound recordings and films in various formats.
In total, the collection contains:
- 54 cylinder recordings,
- 132 music box discs,
- 54,392 shellac discs,
- 78,549 LP records,
- 41,601 CDs,
- 2,297 audio tapes,
- 15,743 audio cassettes,
- 1,255 digital audio reproductions,
- 144 CD-ROMs,
- 6,482 DVDs,
- 25,125 video cassettes,
- 909 films,
- 402 digital video reproductions,
- In total, 227,085 audiovisual media items.
Most of the Media Library’s film and sound recordings can be borrowed. However, the use of historical media is restricted.
- More than 13,000 items are available for users in the Central Library, Level -1, open stacks.
- All other media must be ordered via the SLUB catalogue.
- If necessary, a copy can be made of media from the archives, for use on library premises only.