Call for Papers
Call for Papers is closed.
Relying on News Media. Long Term Preservation and Perspectives for Our Collective Memory
Proposals should address the main theme and related topics, including but not limited to:
- Long term preservation of news media
- Latest initiatives and technologies in news (e-)preservation and access
- Completeness and loss in archiving news media
- Text mining news media and news content
- Issues of e-legal deposit: online news and newspapers
- Services built on born digital and digitized news collections
- Case studies in the digitization of cultural heritage – news media as part of the collective memory
- Historical Research being done on the basis of digital news collections
- Users’ experiences with born digital and digitized news collections - usability expectations
- Infrastructural funding of digitization and long term preservation - inter-organizational co-operation for our cultural memory
Other proposals relevant to the main conference theme will also be considered.
- Proposal abstracts should be submitted as an MS Word file
- Proposal abstracts must be submitted by 31 March 2017, must be in English or German, and should clearly include:
- Title of proposed paper
- Abstract of proposed paper (no more than 300 words)
- Name(s) of presenter(s) plus position and/or title
- Employer / affiliated institution
- Contact information including e-mail address and telephone number
- Short biographical statement(s) of presenter(s)
Proposal abstracts should be submitted to all conference committee members
- Ulrich Hagenah (email@example.com)
- Yves Maurer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Pär Nilsson (email@example.com)
- Manuela Queitsch (Manuela.Queitsch@slub-dresden.de)
Selected presenters will be notified by 7 April 2017. To discuss any matter relating to this Call for Papers, please contact the conference committee members listed above.
- Complete accepted papers should be 3000-6000 words in length and be an original submission not published elsewhere.
- Complete accepted papers and accompanying presentation slides must be submitted by 30 june 2017.
- Final papers should be written in English or German.
- Please note that the conference will be conducted in English.
- The papers will be made available on the Conference Website and the News Media Section Website under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license.
- Approximately 20 minutes will be allowed for the presentation of the paper.